If you have been charged with a crime, it is important to have an experienced criminal lawyer help you as early in the process as possible. Many people assume that it is not important to get an attorney until their case reaches the trial level. This is not the case. From the minute you are arrested, you have a limited amount of time to prepare your case for trial.
One of the most important parts of your case is the preliminary hearing. At the prelim, the Commonwealth’s witnesses testify under oath about the crime they think was committed. This is the first opportunity for a lawyer to cross-examine the witnesses and prepare your defense. Even if you plan on entering a plea, a qualified criminal defense lawyer will analyze the evidence to make sure that you get the best deal possible. Whether you plan on entering a plea or picking a jury, it is important to have a skilled criminal defense attorney by your side.
It is also important to have a lawyer who regularly practices in the area where you have been charged. The attorneys of Bickerton & Bickerton have represented thousands of defendants in the greater Pittsburgh area. From preliminary hearings to PCRA petitions, the criminal defense attorneys of Bickerton & Bickerton will help you get the best result in your case.
Areas of Criminal Defense
- Traffic Violations and Driving Under a Suspended License
- Child Abuse Defense
- Pittsburgh Sex Crimes and Offenses
- Prostitution and Indecency Crimes
- Summary Offenses
- Gun Crimes and Other Weapons Offenses
- Drug Crimes and Offenses
- Theft Charges and Property Crimes
- Assault and Harassment Crimes
- Juvenile Crimes and Offenses
- Homicide Defense
- Expungements and Pardons
- Pittsburgh Criminal Appeals and PCRA Petitions
- Parole and Probation Violation Defense
- Fraud Defense Lawyers
- Immigration Issues and Criminal Defense
- Bail and Bond Hearings